Hardware Engineer, Wearable Devices
Origami Labs is an innovative technology startup based in Hong Kong that tackles interesting problems and makes products that impact the world.
Our flagship product is ORII, the world’s first smart ring that uses voice assistant technology to let wearers send messages and make phone calls in a discreet and stylish way. ORII launched globally in 2017 and garnered 300+ media mentions, including, TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, The Verge, GQ, and Hypebeast.
Engadget: “A more natural way of interacting with my voice assistant.”
Mashable: “It’s literally never been easier to take a call.”
Hypebeast: “The next step forward in wearable tech.”
Backed by the HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport incubation, and The Mills Fabrica tech style accelerator, we founded Origami Labs to bring together energetic, pioneering people to build ground-breaking products and services.
The Electrical Engineer plays a critical role in supporting product development, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing activities. The position is intended for an experimenter and tinkerer, with a passion for hands-on product development and a desire to learn about consumer electronics design and how to bring innovative products to market. The right candidate will likely have experience in hackathons, creating their own hardware projects, and connecting their own apps. This position reports to the CTO.
- Work with our cross-functional teams to define product requirements
- Hands-on ability to make proof of concept prototypes for testing product features
- Imagination to explore the possibilities of next generation functionality through hardware, firmware and app integration
- Assist with the coordination with engineering and manufacturing partners in production
- Conduct component sourcing and selection research
- Work in fast pace team setting in collaboration with marketing and design
- Studied Electrical Engineering, or relevant work experience
- Experience in a good mix of hardware prototyping, platform like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, STM to test proof of concept features
- C++, Java, MATLAB expected, Python preferred
- Experience with CAD (Pro E, Fusion 360, Solidworks etc) helpful
- A team player with high level of creativity and passion for startups and product development
- Strong written and spoken English is required; Cantonese and Mandarin speaking preferred
- A good sense of humor is always welcome!
- Willing to sponsor working visa for qualified candidates
- Office is based in Kowloon Tong
- MPF and health insurance
- Introduce yourself to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Hours (per week)
40 - 45
HK $17 - $21K/month
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.