Leveraging the concessionary measures for youth innovation and entrepreneurship in Hong Kong SAR and the Greater Bay Area, the HKUST Greater Bay Area Youth Entrepreneurship Fund Program aims at driving, promoting and supporting dedicated and qualified young members of the HKUST community, including students, faculty members, alumni and staff, to develop and realize their innovations and entrepreneurial success in Hong Kong SAR and the Greater Bay Area.
Start-up Support and Incubation Services
Innovation and Entrepreneurial Enrichment Activities*
Periodic training, information exchange and sharing sessions on industry insights, visits and learning trips will be organized to allow participants meet with professionals, entrepreneurs and investors, keep abreast of key market updates, gain a thorough understanding of the concessionary policy initiatives in the Greater Bay Area and drive potential collaborations or partnerships.
* More details will be available soon.
Entrepreneurial Mentorship and Business Consultation
The existing HKUST Innovation Entrepreneurship Bases in Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Foshan, along with their well-equipped research facilities and extensive network of resources, will connect participants with professionals and experts who will offer pragmatic mentoring and corporate services in areas of legal advisory, tax, human resources, marketing, investment, business consultation, etc., in order to help them incubate and settle in the Greater Bay Area.
“HKUST Greater Bay Area Youth
With contributions from the Funding Scheme for Youth Entrepreneurship in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and HKUST, this Entrepreneurship Fund provides eligible start-ups with funding and mentoring that will support their product and business development, business registration in Hong Kong SAR and the Greater Bay Area, etc. The first round of application will open in August 2021; please stay tuned for details.
All start-up teams and applicants:
- must be permanent residents of Hong Kong SAR (holders of valid Hong Kong SAR Permanent Identity Card) aged 18-40;
- must be HKUST members (students, alumni, faculty members) who have started or are well-prepared to start their own businesses with detailed execution plans;
- have never received subsidies of the Entrepreneurship Matching Fund under the Youth Development Fund in 2016;
- have not received funding from and/or participated in activities organized by other organizations supported by the Funding Scheme for Youth Entrepreneurship in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area; and
- must agree to the terms and conditions of this Entrepreneurship Fund Program and strive to complete all requirements.
The funding will be disbursed by installments:
- First installment (40% of the approved funding amount) will be disbursed upon successful application and submission of the final budget
- Second installment (30% of the approved funding amount) will be disbursed upon submission of the interim report, endorsed by HKUST
- Final installment (30% of the approved funding amount) will be disbursed upon successful development of the startup as planned and satisfactory submission of the completion report
Expected Achievements and Timeline
Youth Innovation Entrepreneurship Bases and Partners
|City||Base / Partner|
The program is supported by the FUNDING SCHEME FOR YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE GUANGDONG-HONG KONG-MACAO GREATER BAY AREA under the Youth Development Fund of the Youth Development Commission and Home Affairs Bureau, which is also part of the “We Venture” initiative.