YC Sharing and Mingling Event on September 28 (Friday)
Do you know where these unicorns AirBnB, Dropbox, Reddit (#6 most visited website in the world), etc. were incubated?
Yes, it is Y Combinator (YC) www.ycombinator.com ! A very successful seed accelerator found by Paul Graham and a few friends in the States in 2005.
We are organizing a YC Sharing and Mingling Event on September 28 (Friday) at our campus in Central and hope you can join us!
It will be a great opportunity to meet some of the YC Graduates and listen to their sharing, as well as to make some new friends in the UST communities.
Participants include UST alumni and UST Startups Founders, so it will be a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends in a relaxing environment on a Friday evening!
Event: Y Combinator Talk and Mingling (with live music)
Date: 28 September 2018 (Friday)
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm (Registration Starts at 6:30 pm; Event Starts at 7:00 pm sharp)
Venue:15/F Hong Kong Club Building, 3A Chater Road, Central
Registration: Click here
** This event is co-organized by Entrepreneurship Center, Development & Alumni Office and School of Business & Management.
Moderator and Panel Members:
- Erwin Huang (Moderator) – Adjunct Professor at UST, also an investor and the well-known Founders of Personal Emergency Link (平安鐘) and WebOrganic (有機上網)
- Roy Law – Co-Founder of JobsDB (the first unicorn in HK) and Founder of and AppTask, TeamNote, ZeroZone and Chairman of WTIA (HK Wireless Tech Industry Association)
- Matt Li – Co-Founder of Branch8 (www.branch8.com)
- Thomas Pun – Currently Special Projects Lead of GoodNotes (www.goodnotes.com); wear many hats as advisors for several high potential startups
Please note that:
- Seats are limited. They will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive a confirmation email. You are required to pay an advance deposit of $300 HKD by 1:00 pm on Sept 21. Your seat will be assigned to the next person on the waiting list if we do not receive such payment by the stated deadline.
- Full Deposit will be refunded upon satisfactory completion of the event (No partial refund will be provided).
- Please note that shuttle bus service will be provided for commute from UST Clear Water Bay campus to the central campus. Boarding time will be at 5:15 pm, and the bus will departure at 5:30 pm sharp. Further details will be announced in the confirmation email.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions. We look forward to meeting you there!