Yeung Wing Yee Entrepreneurs Fund
***The 2020-21 Fall round of application is now open. Interested students please apply online by 25 September 2020.***
Info Session of HKUST Dream Builder Funds will be held at 14:30 on 15 Sep 2020 (Tue) via zoom. Interested students please register HERE for the Info Session and getting the zoom link. Thank you.
Administered by the HKUST Entrepreneurship Center (EC), the HKUST Dream Builder Funds includes the Alumni Endowment Fund Student Start-up Grants (AEF), Entrepreneurship Acceleration Fund (EAF), U*STAR Award and Yeung Wing Yee Entrepreneurs Fund (YWYEF), which are all aimed at supporting startup ideas, projects and business initiated and/or owned by HKUST members (students, alumni, faculty):
1.1 To support, in the form of funding/ award/ resources/ services, etc., for startups of different entrepreneurial stages in order to facilitate their ideation, development and acceleration;
1.2 To promote and engage HKUST members in cross-disciplinary collaboration to transform innovative ideas into concrete and value-added solutions for society; and
1.3 To foster an entrepreneurial culture among the HKUST community, cultivating and enhancing HKUST members’ entrepreneurial spirit, mindset, skills and potentials for the pursuit of entrepreneurial dreams.
2. YWYEF Funding Amount and Scope of Activities Covered
2.1 Maximum Funding Amount Per Project: Up to HK $200,000
2.2 Scope of Activities Covered:
- Product/ Service Development
- Prototyping, including justifiable equipment/ materials
- Marketing, promotional materials
- Cloud rental for trials
- Further development of existing projects
3.1 Individual or team basis
3.2 The main applicant must be a current HKUST full-time student.
3.3 HKUST members (students, alumni, faculty) own at least 51% shares.
3.4 Startup is registered in Hong Kong within 1 year of application.
3.5 Applicants may apply for multiple funds/ awards at the same time, yet successful applicants (a.k.a. fund/ award recipients) are allowed to hold at most one fund/ award in any funding cycle (i.e. period from application, project implementation to fund/ award disbursement).
4. Startup Support for Fund Recipients
4.1 All fund recipients are entitled to the following startup support:
- Accelerator Space and Facilities: access to hot desk in co-working space, meeting rooms, mail box, storage locker, etc. at The BASE
- Mentoring by entrepreneurs and experts in MentorHUB@HKUST
- Advising by staff from Entrepreneurship Center
- Referrals and/or nominations to internal and external opportunities (e.g. competitions, activities, funding sources, etc.
4.2 YWYEF applications recommended as Outstanding Startup/ Project by the selection panel will be awarded an additional offer of office space and logistics support in Shenzhen, and unlimited seed funding supported by the Donor Mr. Yeung Wing Yee and his company Shenzhen Rongchao Real Estate Development Co., Ltd, subject to the availability of resources and arrangement by the donor.
5. Application, Terms and Conditions, Selection and Disbursement Details
5.1 Online Application
5.2 Before application, please read the Application Notes for all the terms and conditions, selection criteria, vetting procedures and disbursement conditions.
5.3 Checklist of supporting documents to be uploaded to online application:
- Budget Estimation (please download the template here)
- Business Registration Certificate
- Certified Incorporation Form (Company Limited by Shares) - NNC1 Form submitted to Companies Registry
- Proof of External Achievements/ Funds/ Awards Received, if applicable
- Other Supporting Documents, if any
6. Ongoing and Past Projects Funded by YWYEF
The Secretariat of HKUST Dream Builder Funds
HKUST Entrepreneurship Center
Tel: (852) 2358 6021
Personal Data (Privacy) Collection Statement:
The personal data provided by you will be used by staff in HKUST Entrepreneurship Center (EC) for purposes related to the processing of administrative, research and statistical purposes.
The personal data (including name, address, email and contact number) provided by you will be used by HKUST EC staff for delivering information including any events and functions to be held, and other affairs and activities related to EC. This personal data will not be transferred to other external parties for purposes as stated above, except commissioned research consultants and agencies for marketing activities as stated above.
Under the provision of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have rights to request access to, and to request the correction of, your personal data. For such requests, please submit written requests to email@example.com.