Accelerator Space at the BASE
The services of Accelerator Space (from 1 July 2018 to 31 Dec 2018) are now open for application! If you are now working on a startup project, or are student groups that will be holding entrepreneurial activities. Please come, check out and apply for the Accelerator Space.
Details of Accelerator Space Service:
Purpose of the Accelerator Space at the BASE:
- Efficiently utilize facilities and equipment at the BASE by supporting current HKUST students (UGs and PGs) with entrepreneurship ideas and/or promoting the entrepreneurial culture
- Developing at the BASE a culture of innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship;
- Connecting like-minded individuals at the BASE
- Providing a space for designated users to conduct trials and build prototypes
1. Access to Co-workspace hotdesk
2. One Large Locker (266W x 450D x 562H mm) or Two Medium Lockers (266W x 350D x 262H mm)
3. One Mail Box* (120W x 350D x 218H mm)
- Weekly delivery of mails to the users’ Mail Box
- Collection of the mails from Entrepreneurship Center during office hour
*Contact address only, not for business registration
Semiannual (Winter / Spring Terms Jan 1 to Jun 30, or Summer^ / Fall Terms Jul 1 to Dec 31)
^ Incubator Summer Space in Shenzhen is also available this summer (from Jun 1, 2018 to Aug 31, 2018). Interested applicants could apply for it by choosing the service in the application form.
1. The applicants must be HKUST students
2. The selection and priority of the applications will be determined by the following requirements and bonus points:
a. HKUST students with a product idea
b. The team is building a functional prototype (Note: App and Website must be native)
c. The team is drafting a business plan
d. The team has not received any other similar support from other HKUST parties
- Bonus Points:
a. Track record on entrepreneurial activities
b. Joined or won a public competition
c. Have media exposure or coverage on entrepreneurship
d. Have a business registration
3. The students must be HKUST students during the course of the use of the designated space, related facilities and services.
If you are interested in the Accelerator Space, please complete and send the application form and supplementary documents to Entrepreneurship Center via email email@example.com.