Trip: Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Pearl River Delta
“Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Pearl River Delta” is 2-day learning trip to Shenzhen, Dongguan and Zhuhai for HKUST students who would like to explore the emerging opportunities and challenges in China market. Through visits to innovative companies and Hi-Tech facilities, the participants would be able to enhance their understanding of fast-moving innovation culture and the latest technology development in China as well as entrepreneurship in China.
Date: 2-3 Nov 2017
Location: Shenzhen, Dongguan, Zhuhai
Medium of instruction: English / Mandarin
Tentative schedule: HERE
- All HKUST full time students are welcomed
- Quota: 30
- Program fee: HK$500* (HKUST full time students will receive a subsidy of HK$300 upon successfully completion of the trip, please refer to the subsidy arrangement below)
- Program fee included local transportation, accommodation and meals in China.
- Participating HKUST full time students will be covered by the “HKUST’s Personal Accident Insurance”. Details of the plan can be found at HERE. Students are advised to purchase additional travel insurance if deemed necessary.
Travel Document Requirement
- International students may need to apply for visa to enter to China and make sure your passport have at least six months of validity. For details of visa application, please visit the website and pay attention to the time and documents needed for applying visa. Supporting letters can be prepared for international students if needed.
- Students holding Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents are reminded to check the validity of your document.
- Students are required to apply and pay for the travel visa and documents need for the trip.
- Application period: 13 – 18 Oct 2017
- Please fill in the Online Registration Form together with the following documents attached in your online application and pay the program fee (HK$500) to Miss Tracy Leung of Entrepreneurship Center (Rm3614, 3/F, Entrepreneurship Center, lift no. 27, 28) by 18 Oct 2017.
- Copy of Hong Kong ID Card
- Copy of photo page of Travel Document (eg. Passport, Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents)
- Health Declaration Form (download HERE)
- Successful registrants will receive the acceptance of registration and trip details on 19 Oct 2017.
- For those who are NOT being selected, the program fee will be refunded to you after 24 Oct 2017 with email notification.
- Participants are required to submit a reflection in English (at least 500 words) via online reflection form by 13 Nov.
- After submission of the reflection, the participants will be provided with details for the refund arrangement in mid-Nov.