E-commerce Challenge Startup Tour 2019
Uptown Co-workshop and Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Center will organize an E-commerce Challenge Startup Tour to Seoul on 14-18 January 2019, followed by a 3-month marketing and execution period.
This program will allow you to:
- Learn and submerge yourself in the realm of E-commerce
- Visit Korean companies and university
- Meet with Korean Online Shops Startups and learn from their experiences
- Setup and manage your own online store
What will you do?
The startup tour to Seoul will help you to familiarize with Korean online shopping culture, foster your knowledge in e-commerce and learn setting up an online shop. In the following three months after the trip, you will put your learning form the trip into practice and manage your online shop by selling some products of startup companies and finally we will have a review and award ceremony to celebrate your achievement.
- All committed HKUST full time students are welcomed (not only 1 week but 3 months of online shop management)
- Quota: 10-15
|Application Opens||22 Nov 2018 (Tue)|
|Application Deadline||27 Nov 2018 (Fri)|
|Tour to Seoul||14-18 Jan (Details please refer to the program schedule)*|
|3-month Execution||21 Jan -25 Apr 2019|
|Review and Award Ceremony||26 Apr 2019 (Fri)|
- Program fee: HK$3000 (non-refundable)
- Program fee included expenses for accommodation, program fees, flight tickets, and transportation fees within the program. Please note that students are responsible for their own meal and other expenses throughout the program.
- Airfare: Return flights to/from Seoul will be booked for all participants and will travel as a group. No variation to the group travel arrangements will be possible.
Travel Document Requirement
- Participants will be responsible for obtaining their own travelling visas to Seoul, South Korea
- Application period: 22-27 Nov 2018
- Please fill in the Online Registration Form by 27 Nov 2018
- We will notify further procedures by a confirmation email on 28 Nov, 2018.
- Please note that receiving the confirmation email does not indicate success of enrollment. The success of the enrollment depends on whether the applicant can submit the full payment before the quota is full. The quota is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Upon receiving the confirmation email, applicant should pay the program fee (HK$3000), together with the following documents to Miss Horace Lung of Entrepreneurship Center (Rm4586, 4/F, Entrepreneurship Center, lift no. 29, 30) by 30 Nov 2018.
- Copy of Hong Kong ID Card
- Copy of photo page of Travel Document (Passport)
- Student ID card
Please note that the program schedule is for your reference only. Organizer reserves the right to make adjustments to the schedule according to circumstances.